8 Simple Ways You Can Address a Customer Complaint Like A Pro
“About three-quarters of consumers who give a company a “very good” CX rating are likely to forgive a company for a bad experience, but only 15% of those who gave a company a “very poor,” CX rating say the same.” (Qualtrics XM Institute)
While complaints are an inevitable part of customer service, how a company handles these complaints is what counts.
In this blog post, we’ll share eight effective ways that businesses can successfully handle customer complaints from the start.
Customers will always have a complaint about something. It’s just part of the business, so accept it and know how to manage customer complaints. The best approach is to listen carefully each time someone complains and take note of the issue that they bring up before trying a number of different solutions until you find one that works for them.
If a solution doesn’t work and solve their problem, keep track back on what your customers are saying and make sure it matches up with your understanding by asking for examples or clarifications if needed.
- Analyze the Complaint When dealing with complaints, the most important thing you have to do is understand what the customer is complaining about.Once you’re clear on what they’re annoyed by, you can begin working on solutions that address their concerns.Another important step in managing complaints is communicating with the customer.This not only ensures that they are aware of your plans for resolving their complaint but also shows them that you are taking their concerns seriously.It is also important to apologize if necessary and make sure the customer feels heard.
Finally, keep track of how complaints are resolved. This will help you identify any patterns or issues that you may need to address.Keeping a record of complaints can also give you valuable feedback as you continue to work to improve your customer service practices.
- Identifying the Root Cause of the Problem Once you understand what the customer is complaining about, it’s important to find out why that particular aspect of service was poor.This will help you to address the issue quickly and effectively.
- Respond to the Complaint in a Pleasant Way When a customer complains, the first thing that you should do is respond in a polite and efficient way. This will show that you are interested in resolving the issue and that you are not intent on wasting the complainant’s time.You should also take the time to listen to what the customer has to say. You can then try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.If the complaint is about a product or service, you may need to get additional information from the customer. However, don’t keep them on the phone for an extended period of time; it will only aggravate them.Ensure that all of your customers know how to contact you if they have any further complaints.This will help to ensure that they are able to resolve any issues they may have with your company.
- Thank the Complainant for Their Complaint Thanking the complainant for their complaint is an important part of managing complaints. It shows that you value their input and that you are taking their concerns seriously.
After thanking the complainant, take a moment to gather your thoughts. What can you do to address their concerns?Next, ask the complainant what else they would like to see done. This will help you figure out where the issue lies and how you can address it.Finally, apologize for any inconvenience caused by the complaint.This apology shows that you are sorry for the inconvenience and that you are doing everything possible to resolve the issue.
- Get Confirmation That You Received the Complaint When a customer complains, it can be difficult to know exactly what to do next. Here are some tips on how to effectively manage complaints:
- Get confirmation that you received the complaint. This is key to beginning the process of solving the problem. If you don’t have confirmation, it will be difficult to track down the customer and resolve the issue.
- Follow up with the customer as soon as possible. Make sure you contact them to apologize for any inconvenience caused and to offer assistance. It’s important to establish a good relationship with your customers so that they feel confident returning future complaints.
- Try to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. If possible, try to solve the problem before it escalates further. Taking too long to solve an issue can further damage your reputation and lead to more unhappy customers.
- Create an Action Plan to Address the Complaint Create an action plan to address the complaint with the right CRM as it helps you to keep a track of all customer information and data.This plan should include a timeline for when each step will be completed, as well as a list of resources that will be used.
- Create a Compelling System To Track Complaints This system can help you keep track of the progress of each complaint and determine whether or not it needs further attention.It is also important to communicate with the customer about the progress of their complaint and any changes that have been made.Try DialDesk’s Ticket Management Solution for your customer care needs as it can help you effectively manage your consumer complaints.It also allows you to monitor the volume of support tickets that need to be handled, their trends over time, and their causes so that you are able to come up with solutions to various problems.This will not only improve the efficiency in which this task needs to be done but it would also allow you to make sure that solutions are implemented effectively and consistently on a long-term basis.
- Take Action If Necessary If a customer complains about your service or product, the key step is to listen. It is important to understand what the customer is saying and why they are complaining.This will help you identify solutions to improve your service or product so that you won’t face the same problem again in the future.
If the customer is unhappy about your service, you need to speak with them and find a solution.For example: if they think the quality of their purchase is poor, refund their money or offer to replace it for free, apologize and go above and beyond to get rid of their complaint. Make sure everyone leaves happy, even if you have to do something unexpected if need be!
In a Nutshell
When a customer voices their unhappiness with your service or product, it’s important to act quickly in order to remedy the situation and build better relationships with your customers.
By following the above tips, you can hopefully help prevent future complaints from arising, and keep your customers satisfied. Thanks for reading!!