9 Things You Can Do To Stand Out In The Online Marketplace With Your Beauty Brand
Increasing customer retention rates by just 5% can increase profits by between 25% and 95%. (Bain and Company)
Factoring in customer retention when creating an eCommerce beauty business is vital to success. With high-risk costs and competition in the industry, customer retention can be difficult and sometimes complex – but it’s important!
Here are some key strategies that you can use to increase customer retention in your eCommerce business.
For a beauty retailer to be successful, it must have a loyal customer base.
Not only does this help the business financially, but it also creates a relationship of trust and patronage between the business and its customers.
When customers feel like they are part of the business, they are more likely to return and recommend it to their friends. In addition, retaining customers through marketing and advertising campaigns can help increase traffic to the retailer’s website.
Beauty brands should pay close attention to a few key e-commerce benchmarks. By keeping an eye on these numbers, brands can get a good idea of how their business is performing and where they might need to make some changes. They include the following:
- conversion rate
- customer retention rate
- customer lifetime value (CLV)
- orders per customer
- the time between orders
- cart abandonment rate
How can you improve customer retention rates in your eCommerce beauty business?
There is no question that customer retention is important in the beauty eCommerce industry. Studies have shown that when a customer remains loyal to a retailer, the chances of that customer returning to the site increase by as much as 400%. That’s huge!
So what can you do to improve your customer retention rates?
- Create a Loyalty ProgramOne of the best ways to retain customers is through a loyalty program. If you offer a loyalty program, you can reward customers for Loyalty Points earned. You can also offer discounts or free products to Loyalty Members. This will draw your customers back time and time again.
- Offer Discounts and Free ProductsAnother way to keep customers is to offer discounts and free products. This will make your products more affordable and attractive to your customers. It also encourages them to stay loyal to your brand and spend more money on your products in the future.
- Make it Easy for Customers to Return ItemsOne of the biggest challenges with retaining customers is making it easy for them to return items. If possible, make returning items as simple as possible. This will minimize the number of headaches that customers have and increase their likelihood of returning items in the future.
- Create a Clear and Consistent MessageOne of the most important things you can do to retain customers is to create a clear and consistent message. This will help your customers understand what to expect from your brand and make it easier for them to decide whether they want to buy from you or not.
- Keep Up with the Latest TrendsAnother way to keep customers is to keep up with the latest trends. If your products are ahead of the curve, they’re more likely to be popular with customers. This will help you attract new customers and keep those that you have happy.
- Make it Easy for Customers to Contact YouOne of the most important things you can do to retain customers is to make it easy for them to contact you. This way, they can ask questions or feedback about your products. It also allows you to address any concerns that they may have.
- Understand Your Customers’ NeedsOne of the best ways to keep customers is to understand their needs. This will help you design products that meet those needs and make your customers happy. It also helps you stay ahead of the competition, which is essential in the eCommerce beauty industry.
- Show AppreciationAlways remember to show thanks to your customers for their patronage. Write thank you notes or send personalized gifts after they purchase from your store. This will show them that you appreciate their business, and it may even prompt them to refer new customers your way.
- Customer Service At Par Make sure you have responsive customer service that can answer customers’ questions quickly. If you can keep customers happy and satisfied, they’re more likely to come back and buy from you again in the future.
What are the benefits of retaining customers?
Retaining customers is important for several reasons. Here are top reasons to keep your customers happy:
- Valuable Customer BaseA loyal customer base is a valuable asset for any business. They’re more likely to refer friends, recommend your products to others, and even spend more money on future purchases. Keeping your customers happy keeps them coming back and spending more money with you.
- Builds Word-of-mouth MarketingOne of the most powerful forms of marketing is word-of-mouth. When your customers recommend your products to their friends, it gives you an advantage over your competition. Not only does this generate traffic to your website, but it also drives sales through word-of-mouth recommendations from customers who are already familiar with your products and services.
- Builds Brand LoyaltyWhen customers feel devoted to a brand, they’re more likely to stick with that brand even in difficult times. Brand loyalty can lead to higher conversion rates and increased sales overall. It helps legitimize your business and makes it easier for potential clients to consider buying from you in the future.
- Establishes an Emotional ConnectionCustomer loyalty is built on an emotional connection. When customers feel connected to a brand, they’re more likely to be loyal to that brand. This can include things like feeling like you care about them and being able to see the value in what you offer. It can also include providing exceptional customer service that goes above and beyond what’s required.
- Decreases Churn RatesChurn rates are the percentage of customers who abandon your product or service within a specified period. When customers are churned, it costs your business both in terms of lost revenue and wasted resources. Keeping your customer base healthy reduces churn rates, which makes it easier for you to maintain a healthy roster of customers and generate more profits over time.
- 75% of women shop online for beauty products every month.
- Loyalty programs and offers of discounts or free products are effective ways to keep customers.
- Building brand loyalty is essential for long-term success in the eCommerce beauty industry.
- Keeping customers interested and engaged is key to maintaining their loyalty.
- Churn rates, or the percentage of customers who abandon a product or service within a specified period, can be reduced when customers are retained.
- For 86%, good customer service turns one-time clients into long-term brand champions. (Khoros)
- Research indicates Beauty consumers are highly price-sensitive and will often switch to competitors if they feel their prices are too high or their product quality isn’t up to par.
- 78% of customers have backed out of purchase due to a poor customer experience. (Glance)